Report flooding and drainage problems on the highway

You can use this form to report a blocked gully or to request sandbags in the event that the highway (road and/or footpath) is flooded and you think there is a risk of flooding spreading to nearby residential or business properties.

If you want to report a risk of water coming off the public highway and flooding properties (residential or business), please contact our floodline on: Telephone: (01482) 395739.

If the flooding contains sewage, please contact Yorkshire Water for flooding advice:

  • Telephone: 0345 1 24 24 24
  • Yorkshire Water - Flooding emergency (external website)

  • Please note: this form is only to be used when a flood risk is caused by water running off the highway. It should not be used when the risk of flooding is due to water that is running off adjacent land. In this event, you must take whatever action you deem necessary to protect your property together with the owner of the adjoining land that is affected. The council will not provide sandbags in such circumstances.

    This form consists of 4 pages and will take approximately 4 minutes to complete. Fields marked with a * are mandatory and require completion.


    Before you start

    Please ensure you have:

  • a valid email address to receive a confirmation upon submission of the form, however, you can still complete the form without giving an email address but confirmation notices are only sent by email
    eForms by AchieveForms