Do I need Planning Permission and/or Building Regulation approval?


Use this form to see if your proposal requires Planning Permission and/or Building Regulation approval as a Householder or Non-Householder.

This is required under the extended permitted development rights available from 30th May 2013 to 30th May 2019.

Please note: there is a £60 (including VAT) administration fee for this form.

The Council will inform you in writing via e-mail of whether you require Planning Permission or not, normally within 14 days of the receipt of your enquiry.

The "Save" button will e-mail a link of your incomplete form for completion at a later date.

This form consists of 3-4 pages and will take 15 minutes to complete. Fields marked with an * are mandatory and require completion.


Before you start

Please ensure you have:

  • a sketch plan indicating the position of the proposed development in relation to other buildings on your land
  • ALL MEASUREMENTS IN METRES and supply any additional information/drawings you feel relevant
  • your debit or credit card details as once you submit this form, you will be taken to the secure payment portal
    eForms by AchieveForms